Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Jim Wilson Campaign

Jim Wilson

Going door-to-door in the early days of this election campaign, the cost of living is one of the main issues incumbent Progressive Conservative Jim Wilson is hearing about.
Along with hydro and affordable living, key components of this election for Wilson are jobs and hospitals. He is also advocating for Matthews House Hospice funding in Alliston, and is against the proposed windmills in Clearview near the Collingwood airport.“In fact, I’m encouraging people to bring them into my office and we show them to the ministry,” he said.
Wilson has been Simcoe-Grey’s voice at Queen’s Park since 1990.
Over the years he has served as Minister of Health, Minister of Energy, Science and Technology, Minister of Development and Mines, and Minister of the Environment. He is also the House Leader of Her Majesty’s Loyal Opposition.
“I think I’m well positioned to continue to serve the people, I think I’ve done a good job the last 23 years and I see no reason to stop now,” he said.
Wilson has lived in each part of the riding. He was raised in Alliston, spent a year in Collingwood, and currently lives in Wasaga Beach.
For Wilson, the constituents are behind his decision to keep going.
“I very much enjoy working with people and if you love people this is a great profession, an honourable profession to be in,” he said.
Having been a familiar name on the ballot, he encourages people to vote June 12.
“Complacency is actually a problem for me, so I’m really asking people…let’s send a strong message to the Liberals that what they’ve done is wrong and that the vast majority of people in Simcoe-Grey feel that way,” he said.


No comments:

Post a Comment